SPECIFICATIONS FLUKE 1630 FC EARTH GROUND CLAMP
Maximum voltage to earth ground: 1000 V
Battery type : AA alkaline IEC/EN LR6 (x4)
Battery life: More than 15 hours*
* In Ground Resistance measurement mode, with backlight turned off, and RF mode turned off
Frequency range: 40 Hz to 1 kHz
Ingress protection: IEC/EN 60529: IP30 with jaw closed
LCD: Digital reading 9999 counts
Refresh rate: 4 per second
Operating temperature: -10 °C to + 50 °C
Storage temperature: -20 °C to + 60 °C
Operating humidity :
Non condensing (<10 °C) (< 50 °F)
≤90% RH (at 10 °C to 30 °C [50 °F to 86 °F])
≤75% RH (at 30 °C to 40 °C [86 °F to 104 °F])
≤45% RH (at 40 °C to 50 °C [104 °F to 122 °F])
Operating altitude: 2000 m (6561 feet)
Storage altitude: 12 000 m (39,370 feet)
Reference temperature: 23 °C ±5 °C (73 °F ±9 °F)
Temperature coefficient: 0.15% x (specified accuracy)/ °C (<18 °C or >28 °C [<64.4 °F or >82.4 °F])
Overload indication: OL
Data logging capacity: Minimum of 32,760 measurements
Display reading specification with standard loop resistance
+ Input (Ω): 0.474
+ Input (Ω): 0.5
+ Input (Ω): 10
+ Input (Ω): 100
IEC/EN 61010-1: Pollution Degree 2 IEC/EN 61557-1
IEC/EN 61010-2-032: CAT IV 600 V / CAT III 1000 V
Current clamp for leakage current measurements
IEC/EN 61557-13: Class 2, ≤30 A/m
Resistance to earth: IEC/EN 61557-5
Effectiveness of thepProtective measures: IEC/EN 61557-16
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- IEC/EN 61326-1: Portable Electromagnetic Environment
- CISPR 11: Group 1, Class B, IEC/EN 61326-2-2
Class A equipment (Industrial Broadcast & Communications Equipment)
47 CFR 15 subpart B. This product is considered an exempt device per clause 15.103
Frequency range: 2412 MHz to 2462 MHz
Output power: <10 mW
Radio frequency certification: FCC ID:T68-FBLE IC:6627A-FBLE
Conductor size: 40 mm (1.57 in) approximately
Dimensions (L x W x H): 283 x 105 x 48 mm (11.1 x 4.1 x 1.9 in)
Weight: 880g (31 oz)
Earth Ground Loop Resistance
+ Range: 0.025 Ω to 0.249 Ω
Accuracy1 ± (% of reading + Ω): 1.5% + 0.02 Ω
+ Range: 0.250 Ω to 0.999 Ω
Accuracy1 ± (% of reading + Ω): 1.5% + 0.05 Ω
+ Range: 1.000 Ω to 9.999 Ω
Accuracy1 ± (% of reading + Ω): 1.5% + 0.10 Ω
+ Range: 10.00 Ω to 49.99 Ω
Accuracy1 ± (% of reading + Ω): 1.5% + 0.30 Ω
+ Range: 50.00 Ω to 99.99 Ω
Accuracy1 ± (% of reading + Ω): 1.5% + 0.50 Ω
+ Range: 100.0 Ω to 199.9 Ω
Accuracy1 ± (% of reading + Ω): 3.0% + 1.0 Ω
+ Range: 200.0 Ω to 399.9 Ω
Accuracy1 ± (% of reading + Ω): 5.0% + 5.0 Ω
+ Range: 400 Ω to 599 Ω
Accuracy1 ± (% of reading + Ω): 10.0% + 10 Ω
+ Range: 600 Ω to 1500 Ω
Accuracy1 ± (% of reading + Ω): 20.00%
1 Loop resistance with no inductance, conductor centered and perpendicular to jaw
Earth ground leakage current mA
Autorange 50/60 Hz, True rms, crest factor CF ≤3
+ Range: 0.200 mA to 3.999 mA
Resolution: 1 μA
Accuracy1 ± (% of reading + mA): 2.0% + 0.05 mA
+ Range: 4.00 mA to 39.99 mA
Resolution: 10 μA
Accuracy1 ± (% of reading + mA): 2.0% + 0.03 mA
+ Range: 40.0 mA to 399.9 mA
Resolution: 100 μA
Accuracy1 ± (% of reading + mA): 2.0% + 0.3 mA
+ Range: 0.400 A to 3.999 A
Resolution: 1 mA
Accuracy1 ± (% of reading + mA): 2.0% + 3 mA
+ Range: 4.00 A to 39.99 A
Resolution: 10 mA
Accuracy1 ± (% of reading + mA): 2.0% + 30 mA
1 Applies to signal frequency
- 40 Hz to 1 kHz with filter set to OFF
- 40 Hz to 70 Hz with filter se to ON
Introduction Fluke 1630 FC Earth Ground Clamp
The 1630-2 FC clamp measures earth ground loop resistances for multi-grounded systems using the dual-clamp jaw. This test technique eliminates the dangerous and time-consuming activity of disconnecting parallel grounds, as well as the process of finding suitable locations for auxiliary test stakes. You can also perform ground tests in places that were previously difficult: inside buildings, on power pylons or anywhere you don’t have access to soil to place auxiliary test stakes.
Earth ground ac leakage current measurement
– Identify ac leakage currents without disconnecting the earth ground stake from the grounding system–ideal for system troubleshooting.
– Rugged heavy-duty clamp jaw stays in alignment and in calibration even in every day, on-the-job industrial environments.
– The earth ground clamp saves time by automatically recording data at pre-set intervals
– Saves up to 32,760 measurements in memory at the set logging interval.
– Saves time by recording and storing measured values.
Alarm threshold (Fluke 1630-2)
– User-defined high/low alarm limits, for rapid measurement evaluation.
– Selectable band-pass filter function removes unwanted noise from the ac leakage current measurement.
Fluke Connect Wireless System
– The 1630-2 FC supports the Fluke Connect Wireless System connects the clamp with an app on your smartphone or tablet (may not be available in all regions).
– You can save these measurements, and images to Fluke Connect Cloud storage and share with your team.
– Maximize uptime and make confident maintenance decisions with data you can trust and trace.
– Access baseline, historical and current measurements by asset.
– Share your measurement data using ShareLive video calls and emails.
Features Fluke 1630
“The Fluke 1630 is a MUST HAVE for those who are intent on improving the reliability of their systems and making it impervious to impulse damage. The Fluke 1630 is easy to use, highly accurate and an industry standard”- verified purchaser
– Test the grounding components of equipment in hard-to-reach spaces, including areas that are indoors or fully paved and do not permit driving auxiliary test stakes.
– AC Leakage Current Measurement: Identify AC leakage without disconnecting your earth ground stake from the grounding system
– Rugged: Heavy-duty clamp jaw stays in alignment and calibration on tough jobsites
– Logging measurement: Saves up to 32,760 measurements in memory