SPECIFICATIONS FLUKE 9040 PHASE ROTATION INDICATOR
- Technical Specifications
Voltage Range: 40-700 V
Frequency Range: 15-400 Hz
Operating Timer: Continuous
- Environmental Specifications
Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C
Dust/Water Resistance: IP 40
- Safety Specifications
Electrical Safety: EN 61010, EN 61557-7
Overvoltage category: CAT III, 600 V. CAT IV, 300V
- Mechanical and General Specifications
Size: 124 x 61 x 27 mm
Weight: 200 g
Power supply: From unit under test
Warranty: 2 years
Introduction Fluke 9040 Phase Rotation Indicator
The Fluke 9040 Phase Rotation Indicator (the 9040) is a handheld instrument designed to detect the rotary field of three-phase systems.
Phase rotation indicator with high voltage capability for industrial applications
The 9040 is effective for measuring phase rotation in all areas where three phase supplies are used to feed motors, drives and electrical systems. The 9040 is a rotary field indicator and can provide clear indication of the 3 phase via an LCD display and the phase rotation direction to determine correct connections. It allows rapid determination of phase sequence and has a voltage (up to 700 V) and frequency range suitable for commercial and industrial applications. The included test probes have a variable clamping range for safe contact, also in industrial sockets.
Features Fluke 9040
– 3 phase indication
– Indication of phase rotation
– Clear LCD display
– No battery required
– Measurements can be adversely affected by impedances of additional operating circuits connected in parallel or by transient currents.
– Verify operation prior to measuring hazardous voltages (voltages above 30 V ac rms, 42 V ac peak and 60 V dc).
– Do not use the 9040 with any of the parts removed.
– Do not use the product around explosive gas, vapor, or in damp or wet environments.
Determine the Rotary Field Direction
- Connect the test probes to the end of the test leads.
- Connect the test probes to the three mains phases.
- The green ON indicator shows that the instrument is ready for testing.
- Either the clockwise or counter-clockwise rotary indicator illuminates showing the type of rotary field direction present.