Unit Under Test Characteristics
(-10 ÷ 500)°C
Comparison to Blackbody.
2. Equipment, standard requirements
– Blackbody: FLUKE, OMEGA or equivalent, accuracy better than 3 times UUT.
– Measuring tape.
3. Environment conditions
Temperature: (20 ÷ 28)°C
Relative Humidity: (30 ÷ 70)%RH
– Connect UUT to suitable power and turn on.
– Turn on Blackbody, allow warm-up at least 10 minutes or follow manufacturer’s instructions.
– Technician must be familiar with calibration techniques, content of this calibration procedure and the operator manual of the UUT being calibrated, and the generator being used.
– Follow user guide of Blackbody, set emissivity equal to 0.95, same with UUT.
– Base on UUT Distance to Spot ratio (D:S), use measuring tape to set the distance between Blackbody emitting surface and the UUT, that required for calibration process.
– Begin at the lowest calibration point, example -10oC first, then increase for higher points.
– Set the Blackbody for the first calibration point and allow sufficient time to stabilize.
– Waiting for stable reading on UUT and the Blackbody, record repeat values.
– Repeat for remain test points.
– Calibration now completed, set and allow temperature of Blackbody near to normal room temperature.
– Turn off Blackbody and UUT, take out and secure all equipment.
– If the customer does not required, the specifications of manufacturer or other source of reference will be used.
– If not, the tolerance ±2oC or ±2%reading of UUT will be applied.